The Student Accounting Specialist is a key member of the Student Accounting Services team and works closely with students from Boston University, as well as with staff from Enrollment Services, Undergraduate and Graduate Financial Aid Offices, Loans and Collections, and other areas.
Major duties of this position include:
- Assist, analyze, and implement appropriate solutions for students, parents, and other University offices with questions and problems regarding student accounts.
- Provide customer assistance in person, on the telephone, and through e- mail to students, parents, other University offices, and outside agencies in response to billing and payment questions.
- Process all inquiries, interpret, and resolve account problems, and complete student account settlements.
- Provide advice and solutions to students and families regarding complex financial situations frequently involving confidential information.
- Responsible for processing student account payments, including cash, check, and credit card payments, and for daily balancing of a cash drawer.
- Process incoming daily work which may include inquiries regarding special invoicing, 1098-T tax statements, medical insurance waivers, refund requests, and other account analysis projects as assigned.