Basic Function and Responsibility
Experience all aspects of BC Dining Services, including retail dining, catering and in-house commissary and bakery. Emphasis on food service management with hands-on experience, controlling food cost, labor costs and managing inventory. Ten-month program.
– Manage a dining operation with mentor.
– Provide customer service, responding to complaints, requests, and questions.
– Maintain sanitation, HACCP standards, and safety
– Proactively supervise employees to meet operational needs
– Recruit student employees
– Attend employee development workshops
– Ensure proper inventory levels as assigned.
– Ensure high quality food presentation, sanitation, and customer satisfaction.
– Assist with planning and execution of special events and catered functions.
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
– Understand and demonstrate pro-active fiscal management responsibilities.
– Communicate equipment problems via established protocol.
– Frequently requires early mornings, late nights and weekends.
Degree: Bachelor’s // Majors: HTL – Hotel Administration // Student Status: Alumnus/a // Work Authorization: Authorized to work in the U.S.