Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
This position will be located in Richardson, TX or Chicago, IL
What Are Your Responsibilities?
* Support the development of a comprehensive analytics-driven operations monitoring strategy
* Conduct data mining and analysis to test controls and address key business risk
* Support data visualization and dashboard development for executive level stakeholders
* Participate in a data-oriented and growth-focused team environment
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
* Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics or related field
* Graduation date between December 2020 – June 2021
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
* Passion for analytics, problem solving, and process improvement
* Knowledge of SQL and relational databases; Python, R, Alteryx a plus
* Familiarity with data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Power BI
* Exceptional attention to detail and quality
* Ability to self-motivate, remain organized, and receive direction well
* Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Practical, developed PC skills, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
What Does the New Grad Program Entail?
* Formal Orientation to build business and industry acumen
* Challenging real-world hands on projects
* Quarterly networking opportunities and professional development workshops among peers and company leaders
* Business Resource Group involvement
* Volunteer activities
* Mentorship opportunities