Position Title: Human Resources Intern
Location: Beck Center for the Arts, 17801 Detroit Ave. Lakewood, OH 44107
Supervisor: Senior Finance Manager
Work Schedule/Hours: 10-15 Hours per Week, flexible work schedule
Internship Duration: Internships should last at least 3 months and can be accommodated in the Fall, Spring, or Summer. This application is for the FALL 2021 semester.
Description: Designed for creative, dedicated and innovative college undergraduate and graduate students seeking greater understanding and deeper knowledge of the management and operations of a non-profit arts center that houses both educational programming and a professional theater. The Human Resources Intern will work directly with Beck Center staff on projects related to;
· Organize and audit HR files.
· Convert paper HR files to paperless files in ADP Work Force Now.
· Assist in implementing electronic Time & Attendance with ADP.
· Analyze HR laws and evaluate record compliance.
· Assist in the revision of HR templates, on-boarding and off-boarding staff procedures.
· Engage in a multitude of HR processes including: payroll, job postings and background checks.
· Assess staff engagement strategies and work with staff to determine appropriate implementation.
Detail oriented. Excellent research skills.
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Strong communication skills
Proficient in MS Office
Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently
Well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter
Major or minor in Human Recourses or similar field.
· Unpaid or small stipend, internship may be completed for college credit. Beck Center offers an excellent opportunity for students to obtain a broad range of skills in arts management including project management, customer service, organization, communication, and planning in a fun, flexible, and creative environment!
· Free tickets to all Beck Center programming during the internship
· Clear work plan with a variety of projects
· Weekly meetings with your designated supervisor
· Additional training and professional development offered.
· Team-oriented passionate work environment
· Flexible work schedule
Application Procedures: To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Jessica McGrath (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the position you are applying for in the subject line (i.e. Human Resources Intern). Cover letter should include what you hope to bring to the internship and what you hope to gain during the internship. Include a letter of reference/recommendation from a professor in your field.
The letter of recommendation may be sent separately from the online application materials if necessary. Please submit to email@example.com
Beck Center’s Core Values: We believe in the transforming and transcending power of the arts, the strength of collaboration, diversity as an essential component in all we do, an inclusive and safe environment, ethical and fiscal responsibility, customer service, personal attention and access, and building relationships. We are an equal opportunity employer.