Job Title: Special Events Intern
Location: Rocky River, Ohio, Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19
Salary Range: Unpaid / For Credit
Travel Required: None
Work Hours: Approximately 15 hr/week
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter stating why you want to work for because I said I would and what skills you have related to this job description that makes you feel that you are a good fit for the position.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
because I said I would is a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of
humanity through promises made and kept. We are changing lives through Promise Cards,
chapters of volunteers, character education in schools, and awareness campaigns with global reach. We only hire individuals that can make and keep their promises.
The Special Events Intern will play a key role in supporting our event and marketing
programs. The role will also support the organization by providing assistance with events
management, execution, communication, and design for events and promotional materials. The intern will work directly with the CEO, the Executive Assistant to the CEO, and the COO, who will oversee the intern program.
This internship will require a min of 15 hours per week and is a remote internship. This is an unpaid internship but offers eligibility for credit through your school.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist with special projects as assigned under the project manager
- Assist in the program development for events, solicit sponsors while creating and coordinating the distribution of promotional materials
- Assist in event planning, scheduling, marketing, inquiries, resourcing, and proposal development for various events and projects
- Update and create PowerPoints for client and donor presentations
- Create a database for special events using Salesforce
- Assist with donor acknowledgment and guest follow-up
The intern will attend staff meetings, attend regularly scheduled meetings with their manager
and have weekly meetings with other interns.