Creating a safe environment for our campers and staff is our #1 priority each summer! The Camp Nurse is an experienced medical practitioner, but also a caring voice, kind ear, and passionate team member. Reporting to the Health Center Administrator, the Camp Nurse is part of a care team, consisting of other nurses, an on-site or remote physician, and our camp families. Camp Nurses work to provide exceptional physical and emotional care to our summer community.
Dates: June 15 – July 16, 2021 OR July 16 – August 13, 2021 (There is opportunity for some nurses to begin work on June 4)
Salary: Competitive summer salary! Room, board and childcare provided!
The Team: You will be working with 4 nurses for the full camp session managed by our on-site Health Center Administrator. We have a doctor on-site or available via telehealth. Each member of our care team is critical to provide friendly, caring, and outstanding care to our camp community.
What will I be doing? – As part of a passionate, dedicated team, your primary focus will be:
- Maintaining accurate and detailed medical records.
- Providing outstanding patient care for our campers (330 campers) and staff (120 staff).
- Administering medications to campers.
- Communicating with parents.
What are we looking for?
- Desire to work and live in a camp community.
- Ability to interact with all ages.
- Licensed as an L.P.N., R.N., N.P., or P.A.
- Team player, ability to work independently as well as part of a team; friendly, upbeat, and encouraging attitude; welcoming and inclusive manner; build strong, positive relationships with co-workers.
- Detail oriented. Keeps accurate and detailed records of supplies and equipment.
- High-level judgement and decision making; recognizes when immediate action is required.
- Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems; recovers quickly from setbacks .
- Ability to self-manage; accepts constructive feedback.
Beber Camp provides children with a safe, fun, and meaningful Jewish summer camp experience. We are a very welcoming and inclusive community and we work together to make a real impact in the lives of our campers. We welcome staff from all backgrounds and religions. We offer a close-knit and family-oriented atmosphere, which provides opportunities for each camper’s growth and development.
Our mission ensures that we stay committed to building a community that is meaningful during the summer and extends year round.
Are you someone who wants to make an impact? Join the Beber Camp team – become a part of our family!
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: From $1,000.00 per week
We have a detailed COVID-19 plan that can be found on our website at www.bebercamp.com. This document is being updated regularly and expectations for nursing staff is more flexible than described in this document and will be explained in your interview.