Entry Level Opportunities – Account Administrator
Are you looking for a career and not just a job? Are you interested in working for a global company that can provide opportunities for you to grow within a team of diverse professionals?
Beazley is currently seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to be empowered at work and develop their careers in insurance.
Insurance is the business of helping people, communities, and businesses to manage risk. In a rapidly evolving world, the risks our clients face are changing daily – presenting new challenges and opportunities to grapple with. A wide range of previous knowledge, work experience, and areas of study can be applied to many of our roles.
What types of things does Beazley insure against?
- Cyber security breaches leading to ransoms and identity theft.
- Earthquakes and hurricanes damaging property.
- Rain canceling outdoor events.
- …and more
Our values and priorities are different at Beazley. Beyond our deep understanding and expertise in specialist risks, we are defined by people and a culture that value being bold, relentlessly striving for better, and doing what’s right above all else.
Job Summary: To assist the underwriting teams BSS US UCO supports in maintaining efficient underwriting processes and providing customer service to clients.
- Support underwriters in the delivery of an effective and efficient administration service.
- Accurately clear and reserve submissions for the underwriting teams BSS US UCO supports currently or in the future.
- Manage daily tasks to ensure business needs are met daily.
- Maintain accurate levels of data entry in all systems processing.
- Consistently meet service level agreements set by business teams.
- Provide professional service to brokers/underwriters in all interactions.
- Maintain team standards through supporting other team members in the Clearance team or in related teams in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required.
- Participate in cross-team and intra-team projects as required.
- Build effective working relationships with other team members.
- Comply with standards for timeliness, quality, professionalism and accuracy.
- Manage daily tasks to ensure business needs are consistently met.
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contribute to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct which incorporates the PRA and FCA Conduct Rules. Undertake relevant training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Education and Qualifications
- High School graduate or above
Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS office
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Proven background in accurate, high volume data entry
- Proven ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize
- Able to maintain standards and professionalism during periods of fluctuating workloads
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven administrative experience, preferably within insurance sector
Aptitude and Disposition
- Task-focused, self-motivated and flexible
- Consistent professional approach; able to successfully interact with managers/underwriters/ underwriting support personnel
- Positive, enthusiastic and service-oriented
- Self motivated team member
- Achievement orientation
- Detail Oriented
- Analytical thinking
- Information seeking
- Customer focus
- Team working
- Problem solving