Bare Naked Wools and Knitspot LLC is looking for a marketing intern to move our team and our brand forward! We are in immediate need of an innovative and enthusiastic marketing intern who is ready and willing to jump right in to our existing marketing campaigns as well as plan exciting, new ones. Potential for a permanent placement is strong for an individual with the right skill set who is a great fit within our team.
We have a friendly, casual company culture with a strong work ethic. Our products are of the highest quality and enjoy an excellent reputation in our industry. The right candidate for this position must be a self-motivated worker, with a creative mindset and the ability to translate concepts into quality marketing content. In addition to your marketing skills, the fashion design and maker space should resonate deeply with you.
You should be organized, flexible and a great communicator, able to work equally well in supervised and unsupervised situations, with or without team members. Your ability to use feedback with a positive approach and process it into constructive, creative solutions will serve you well.
This position requires the right person to wear a lot of hats, so you’ll never get bored! We encourage creativity and offer flexibility to work both onsite and from home (a portion of onsite hours are required, with a safe environment provided.)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce weekly email campaigns: The ability to design and write strong and exciting conversion copy for our weekly email campaigns in MailChimp.
- Create engaging written and visual content for Facebook and Instagram (Including planning, content creation and tracking to increase brand awareness.)
- Develop and design print and digital materials, including but not limited to website images, social media images/videos, email campaigns, print and digital ads, marketing flyers, and general branded collateral.
- Maintain communications with our audiences on Facebook, Instagram and Ravelry.
- Assists the Marketing Manager with digital display ads on various platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Ravelry and Google PPC.
- Updating and optimizing product descriptions and landing pages on Shopify (CRM Management), assisting with editing website/online store, creating product listings, placing photos and writing product descriptions.
- Assist with flat lay/modeled photography and styling, retail events and shopfront operations as needed. Download and organize photos, videos, and graphic content in Dropbox — To be repurposed on the website, social media and for other general marketing needs.
- Communicate with team members, partners, and customers via phone, email, video conferencing, and social media outlets; strong written communication and phone skills required. (Provide needed support and direction to our community moderators, sample knitters and influencers)
- Manage multiple project timelines in Trello, planning new social media/email campaign ideas and submitting projects and tasks on time
- Works closely with the Marketing Manager to conduct market research and identify trends
- Generate and analyze reports from social media, emails campaigns and advertising
Qualifications and Skills
- Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or related major preferred
- 1+ years creating, managing, optimizing and measuring successful social media and marketing campaigns
- 1+ years e-commerce experience, preferably Shopify (SEO management preferred, but not required)
- 1+ year proven email marketing experience, writing engaging email and email automation campaigns in MailChimp or similar CRM (ideation, production and scheduling).
- Proficient with Google Drive, Dropbox and Trello
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign and Photoshop
- Photography experience: Confident using a DSLR camera to capture sharp photos of products and models
- Proficient at using Shopify and Google Analytics to make data driven marketing decisions
- High level of accountability to meet deadlines and the ability to work well both independently and as a part of a team
- Self-starter, with a positive attitude with a strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Experience with knitting preferred, but not required
- Portfolio and writing samples required (please provide links to digital portfolio or content)
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $12.00 per hour
Customers are required to wear masks in our shop (open only during limited hours), curbside pickup is available, surfaces are sanitized regularly.
Employees are required to wear masks in communal areas and during in-person meetings.