Deputy Director of Talent Acquisition & Development About Baltimore Corps
Baltimore Corps enlists talent to accelerate social innovation in Baltimore and advance a citywide agenda for equity and racial justice. By matching talent to opportunity, Baltimore Corps works to empower the social entrepreneurs, community leaders, and public sector innovators tackling some of the city’s most pressing challenges and building a stronger Baltimore every day. Baltimore Corps is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values initiative, hard work, and a teachable nature. We are building a team that shares the company’s values, work ethic, and vision for the future.
We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced and innovative Deputy Director of Talent Acquisition & Development to lead the strategic planning and implementation of recruitment and development of social impact talent. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Deputy Director, Talent Acquisition & Development will effectively execute recruitment plans to attain a diverse, quality pipeline of talent for all Baltimore Corps programs and initiatives. The Deputy Director of Talent Acquisition & Development is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective, collaborative relationships with talent hubs across a broad range of interest groups in Baltimore City to further Baltimore Corps’ mission and vision. You’ll be in charge of planning, developing and implementing a productive talent acquisition and development strategy for our programs and initiatives including Place for Purpose, Baltimore Corps Fellowship, Public Allies, Elevation Awards, and other programs and hiring initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
TALENT RECRUITMENT & STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT(60%)
- Develop and implement a robust, sustainable, and comprehensive talent acquisition strategy to ensure Baltimore Corps is connecting talent from BIPOC communities to opportunities in Baltimore’s existing and emerging social impact and entrepreneurial sector
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with community stakeholders to support Baltimore Corps recruitment efforts
- Work across teams to ensure Baltimore Corps has visibility at conferences, career fairs, information sessions, events, meetings, and other creative approaches
- Increase engagement with prospective talent through online events, email, and other communications, utilizing Baltimore Corps’ tools.
- Collaborate with the communications team on recruitment-related strategic communication efforts, including the creation of marketing materials, social media and program collateral
- Research and benchmark best practices in and outside of the industry and explore new approaches and technologies to attract, recruit and hire talent from within and outside of the sector
- Manage the entire life-cycle of the recruiting process for all positions, programs and initiatives including sourcing and screening applicants
- Work with Tech department to use data points to continually assess and monitor recruitment processes for improvement
- Cultivate and manage relationships with institutions and organizations in recruitment portfolio to build awareness of Baltimore Corps programs
- Increase number of talent hubs in recruitment portfolio by creating mutually beneficial MOUs between Baltimore Corps and organizations
- Work with the Partnerships and Programs teams to evaluate the effectiveness of various recruitment strategies and the overall recruitment cycle
- Provide insight to Partnerships and Programs team members regarding applicants during intake stage.
- Benchmark best practices in and outside of the industry and explore new approaches and technologies to attract, recruit and hire talent from within and outside of the sector
- Monitor internal and external trends and best practices in talent acquisition
- Develop, analyze and report on metrics/goals.
TALENT MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT (20%)
- Lead talent development with the design and implementation of training materials and resources and enhanced development of solid systems for managing candidate progress
- Manage Talent Development Coaches (Coaches) in effectively supporting candidates through the placement process
- Collaborate with Coaches to deeply understand individual skills and competencies of the talent pool
- Collaborate across teams to develop training workshops and materials to support competency and skill development of talent
- Design and manage systems and process to support all individuals accepted into Place for Purpose
- Provide ongoing support and communication with candidates from initial acceptance into Place for Purpose to placement with an organization or with a program.
TEAM & PROJECT MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Serve as lead project manager for recruitment of talent including managing timelines, systems
- Collaborate and communicate project needs and outcomes across teams and departments including Technology, Media & Communications (TMC) and Programs to accomplish goals and initiatives
- Hire, train, coach, and manage a team to recruit, screen and support talent entering placement services
- Facilitate regular team meetings, ensuring team has the information, resources, and training needed to execute a talent acquisition and development strategy
- Ensure the team is tracking and supporting talent through Baltimore Corps’ opportunity pipelines
- Help set clear goals and expectations for the talent acquisition team and provide timely and helpful feedback
- Participate in regularly scheduled departmental and cross-departmental meetings
- Communicate updates and developments from external engagement and recruitment
- with staff
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- 5 + years of experience in talent acquisition and development, with a track record of achieving results with recruiting dynamic and diverse talent from early career to experienced professional.
- Coaching and/or management experience, including the ability to motivate and coach people of different backgrounds and abilities to achieve results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy with diverse constituent groups
- Strong project planning and execution skills
- Systems thinker and solution-driven, with the ability to effectively problem-solve and
- implement process and system improvements
- Strong facilitation and conflict-resolution skills
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends, as required
- Knowledge of Trello, Salesforce, Google systems a plus or a willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Mission-driven spirit and alignment with the values of Baltimore Corps
- Knowledge and experience building relationships in Baltimore is preferred
- Effective relationship builder and connector. Existing relationships in the Baltimore area
- a strong plus
TIMELINE AND COMPENSATION:
- The Deputy Director of Talent Acquisition & Development is a salaried position, ranging from $65,000 – $75,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Baltimore Corps is proud to offer additional benefits for our employees including, but not limited to, health and dental benefits, generous vacation time, wellness policies, volunteer opportunities, and flexible work hours. This position is open for an immediate start.
- This role is currently a REMOTE position, however, this may change over time.