About Baltimore Corps
Baltimore Corps enlists talent to accelerate social innovation in Baltimore and advance a citywide agenda for equity and racial justice. By matching talent to opportunity, Baltimore Corps works to empower the social entrepreneurs, community leaders, and public sector innovators tackling some of the city’s most pressing challenges and building a stronger Baltimore every day. Baltimore Corps is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values initiative, hard work, and a teachable nature. We are building a team that shares the company’s values, work ethic, and vision for the future.
Baltimore Corps seeks a detail-oriented, proactive finance or accounting professional to serve as the organizational Accountant. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, the person in this role will lead Baltimore Corps’ day-to-day financial activities.
Baltimore Corps is a fast-growing nonprofit, and this role is a unique opportunity to help Baltimore Corps further develop and refine its financial processes with a particular focus on financial organization and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all company, local, state, and federal accounting and financial regulations ○ Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Accounts Receivable: prepare and send invoices, track payments received, and lead collections follow-up as needed
- Accounts Payable: track incoming invoices and process payments to vendors
- Manage biweekly payroll processing and retirement contributions
- Collect and organize receipts and other payment documentation
- Manage reimbursements for employee expenses
- Code transactions in Quickbooks
- Support annual 990 filing,audit, and budgeting processes
- Perform month – end review and close
- Prepare journal entries and collect, analyze and summarize account information for
- monthly and year-end closing
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting
- data; preparing reports
- Secure financial information by completing database backups
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules
- Maintain grant and sub-grants information:
- Coordinate the follow-through on deadlines and financial reporting requirements over the life of each grant or contract.
Other Finance projects as assigned SPECIAL PROJECTS (10%)
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 4-7 years of experience in the fields of accounting or finance
- Accounting or finance experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP and grant accounting processes
- Highly detail-oriented, careful, and precise
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, with excellent skills in initiating solutions
- Ability to manage competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mission-driven spirit and alignment with the values of Baltimore Corps
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of federal grants and experience with single audits
- Experience with government invoicing and contract management (experience with
- Baltimore City is a plus)
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Bill.com, Zenefits, Trello (or similar platforms), and/or a
- willingness to learn, plus an ability and desire to work with data-driven systems
- Advanced experience using Excel and other products in Microsoft Office suite
- Accounting experience in a non-profit environment
- REPORTS TO: Baltimore Corps’ Director of Finance and Operations
Timeline and Compensation
This is a full-time salaried position, ranging from $60,000 – $70,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The anticipated start date is July 2021. Baltimore Corps is proud to offer additional benefits for our employees including, but not limited to, health and dental benefits, generous vacation time, wellness policies, and flexible work hours.