Perform installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance on complex electronic / electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at ASM’s global customer locations. Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety first mentality. Be capable of working completely independent of supervision on highly complex problems while meeting project/task timelines, objectives and goals. Have the ability to develop action plans for problem resolution and present to internal and external customers. Develop improvements for processes, hardware and software for continuous improvement of ASM equipment / business operations. Coach / mentor lower level FSE’s to higher level skill sets. Have the ability to assist in customer escalations and manage beta-site projects. Have the ability to troubleshoot process problems of medium complexity along with writing procedures and processes for standard field service activities. Travel of 10% – 25% for both domestic and international locations may be required. Currently hiring in the following locations. Phoenix, New Mexico, Dallas/Ft Worth TX, Hillsboro Oregon, Fishkill NY.
A degree from an accredited college in electrical engineering / electronics technology or Associates degree in electronics / electro-mechanical with 1 to 3 years of semiconductor fabrication maintenance experience In ALD, PECVD, EPI, Diffusion or Implant.
1- 3 years field service / customer support background and/or 1-3 years manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of semiconductor capital equipment. Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
- Basic troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electromechanical systems
- Safety mentality
- Ability to work with hand tools
- Working knowledge of Oscilloscope’s and DVM’s
- Strong positive attitude with excellent customer service skills
- Clear and concise (English) verbal and written communications
- Knowledge of structured problem solving techniques
- Working software knowledge of MS office
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work alone and/or with limited supervision
- Be able to interpret electronic / electro-mechanical schematics and drawings
- Maintain strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously