Graduate of an approved school of nursing LPN program. Must be able to complete job related competencies as deemed necessary to the performance of the LPN role in the nursing department of employment. Valid and active LPN licensure
- Sets up sterile table assuring appropriate supplies, drugs, and equipment are available.
- Participates with RN in counting all sponges, instruments, etc., at appropriate times during the surgical procedure.
- Assists in draping patient.
- Assists surgical team members with gowning and gloving.
- Assures aseptic condition is maintained by the scrubbed surgical team throughout the procedure. Provides for patient safety by actively participating in the intraop “timeout.”
- Utilizes other safety measures such as safety belts, positioning devices and alarms.
- Collects, identifies and labels specimens removed during surgical procedures; gives specimens to circulator for disposition per surgeon’s instructions.
- Will take call.
- Other duties as assigned.