We Are Hiring
- Full-time, part-time and PRN positions are available along with a variety of shifts.
- Job openings in Jacksonville and Middleburg, Florida
- Sign-on bonuses available with select positions.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more
What You Will Do
Facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hand required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning, and draping patients.
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitors and tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assist surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension St. Vincent’s in Jacksonville, Florida, has been providing caregivers in every discipline a rewarding career in healthcare since 1873. Serving Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, Ascension St. Vincent’s is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando; and is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care to all, especially to those most in need. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension St. Vincent’s is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.