We Are Hiring
Title: Surgical Instrument Tech – Sterile Processing – Premium Pay Contract
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas Midtown Hospital
Department: Sterile Processing
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Night, 10:30pm – 7:00am, Monday – Friday, with call and weekend requirements.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more!
What Saint Thomas Midtown has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
About Saint Thomas Midtown:
- Largest obstetrical program in Tennessee, region and Ascension Health with 6,600 births annually
- 58,000+ ED visits
- State of the art, newly renovated orthopedic institute
- Newly opened comprehensive cancer institute
- Robust robotic surgical program
What You Will Do
As a Surgical Instrument Tech with Saint Thomas Health -TN, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team that is critical to the hospital and its patients. You will inspect, assemble and evaluate all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and determine need for repair/replacement.
- Inspect, assemble and evaluate all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.
- Perform decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
- Inspect instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
- Correct instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
- Maintain proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.Incs hired prior to 1/1/2017 not required to obtain cert per T.C.A. § 68-11-239. Also accepted: certified sterile processing and distribution tech credentialed by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Why Join Our Team
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.