We Are Hiring
We are hiring at our hospitals in Metro Detroit and Saginaw, Michigan. Full-time, part-time and PRN positions available along with a variety of shifts.
What You Will Do
Operate a scanner to obtain images used to diagnose and treat of pathologies.
- Prepare and position patients and select anatomic and technical parameters accurately to produce cross-sectional images of the body.
- Perform patient pre-screening, scheduling, and education related to the examination.
- Enter and monitor patient data, transfer images from disk to magnetic media to produce the transparency, and develop film in an automatic processor.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning. Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Magnetic Resonance Imaging credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.