We Are Hiring
In Southeast Michigan, Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a full-service hospital with 24/7 emergency care and many surgical specialists. From heart, stroke and lung care to sleep disorders and comprehensive orthopedic services, our doctors and care teams deliver personalized care for serious and life-threatening injuries and illnesses. Our OB-GYN maternity care team offers a personalized birthing experience. A wide range of outpatient services are available including minimally invasive procedures, diagnostic imaging, lab tests, respiratory therapy, and physical medicine and rehabilitation therapy services all on one campus.
In addition to our Comprehensive Stroke Centers, we also have hospitals that have gotten Primary Stroke Center Certifications by the Joint Commission, which includes Ascension Providence Rochester. This certification recognizes that the Ascension stroke care teams at these facilities provide advanced stroke care that meets the unique and specialized needs of stroke patients in an effort to achieve long-term success in improving outcomes.
The Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital Stroke and Neuroendovascular Center provides minimally invasive procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions in the brain, including specialized care for people who have experienced or are at risk for a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA), people who have a complex neurovascular disease such as a brain aneurysm, and more.
Interventional Radiology Technologist
PRN with no guarantee of hours
Scheduling: cover as needed for open shifts and on-call.
Ascension Providence Rochester – Rochester, MI
What You Will Do
Assist with procedures and provides diagnostic aid by conducting organ or body scans on patients.
- Prepare and position patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepare and administer contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observe patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Able to perform all specialized imaging procedures such as angio, complex vascular and nonvascular interventional and therapeutic procedures, along with assisting the Radiologist/PA.
- Ensure all activities comply with regulatory agency standards. ,
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or
- job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following is required:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained
- prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of
- Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International
- (CCI) is preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Providence Rochester is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.