We Are Hiring
We are hiring at our hospitals throughout Metro Detroit. Full-time and part-time positions available along with a variety of shifts.
What You Will Do
The CT Technologist is responsible for supporting the Mission and Vision of Ascension by, under general supervision, and in accordance with specified protocols, performs total-body diagnostic computerized scanning as indicated by admitting diagnosis. Assists the physician and provides computer guidance during invasive procedures. May perform general diagnostic procedures as required. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a CT Technologist.
- Essential Functions
- Maintain a positive and professional atmosphere for patients. Demonstrate interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively with patients who may be under physical or emotional stress. Gather and exchange patient information with nursing personnel and physicians.
- Assure that C.T. suite is fully stocked and ready to perform the requested procedure.
- Assure the “two step” identification of all patients and checks that any required diet preps have been followed before proceeding with any requested examinations. Explain the procedure and provides necessary instructions to the patient.
- Enter patient demographics and loads the appropriate software and technical factors to perform the requested procedure. Operate the C.T. scanner, using the lowest dose possible to achieve the best images, as required by Radiologists and governing bodies.
- Prepare and intravenously administer contrast agents as directed by established protocols. Monitor patient throughout the injection and following procedure for extravasation and/or adverse reactions. Initiate and follow department protocol when an extravasations occurs.
- Assist physicians in a variety of interventional procedures and provides computer guidance for precise biopsy needle placement. Assist in performing first aid as necessary.
- Practice sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintain orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and personnel.
- Prepare and stocks work area as required to perform procedures as assigned/requested. Assure a safe and clean environment for patients at all times. Secure and return supplies. Maintain room stock.
- Responsible for necessary equipment maintenance recommendations, and “trouble shooting” when indicated. Keep all necessary equipment maintenance logs, which pertain to preventative maintenance or emergency service.
- Responsible for inpatient scheduling and the smooth flow of both scheduled and unscheduled procedures to the extent of section control.
- Responsible for quality control of C.T. examinations. Participate in quality assurance and improvement activities as they relate to C.T. Scanning.
- Cooperate with all department personnel in a positive and professional manner.
- Perform a variety of related clerical tasks as necessary.
- Maintain professional appearance by adhering to Dress and Grooming Policy of Radiology.
- Adhere to prescribed standards for radiation safety.
- Handle equipment in a responsible, professional manner.
- Non-Essential Functions
- May be required to assist in the development/selection of technical factors, laser film, and capital equipment.
- Maintain continuing education credits as required by the ARRT and ACR.
- This position shall have access to and disclose personal health information only when reasonably necessary to perform the designated job related responsibilities. Disclosure and/or use of personal health information for any purpose other than as reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is prohibited.
- This position requires the ability to identify age related differences within the persons served and the adjustment of treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including adjustments based on the person’s served cognitive function and learning ability. This will include taking into account their religious and cultural needs and preferences.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced CT certification within hire/transfer date required.
- High school graduate required.
- Has the qualifications and experience necessary to operate equipment and evaluate anatomy and pathology as required to provide high-quality, low dose diagnostic procedures.
- Ability to maintain a polite, professional demeanor in potentially stressful situations.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.