Required Skills and Traits:
Comprehensive and practical knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages:
• Comprehensive knowledge of building multi-tiered web applications using Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and the following technology solution stacks: Linux, Apache, ExpressJS, ReactJS, NodeJS (MERN)
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of both or either UNIX/Linux and AWS development environments.
• Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of at least one of the following databases and search technologies: MongoDB NoSQL document-based database, Postgres/MySQL database, Microsoft SQL Server database, and Elastic Search
• Experience with or knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure and technology solution stack and services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of enterprise IT/data system design, architecture, and frameworks for scalability, modularity, and flexibility
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of full and tailored agile/iterative software engineering & development lifecycle from initial requirements gathering/scoping to production grade deliverables
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Strong UX/UI skills
• Must be a motivated team player but also able to work independently in a small agile software development team
Other Desired Skills:
· Experience with or knowledge of software testing methodologies, such as black-box and/or white-box for unit testing and its testing frameworks, such as Mocha/Chai, Jasmine, Karma, NodeJS, etc.
· Experience with or knowledge of using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) frameworks using Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.
· Experience with or knowledge of Virtual Machines (VM) and/or Container technologies (i.e., Oracle VirtualBox, Docker Containers, Kubernetes, etc.)