Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Practice Management Assistant in either the New York or Washington, DC office. The Practice Management Assistant is responsible for providing a combination of technical, analytical and administrative support to the Practice Management Team
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with ongoing weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting at firmwide and practice level.
- Preparing internal Practice Management communications and organizing weekly internal Practice Management team meetings (coordinating agenda, etc.)
- Supporting the Practice Managers during the associate onboarding process (tracking, follow-up, organization) and preparing presentations and materials for monthly practice meetings/retreats.
- Managing internal workspace and intranet including documenting and memorializing best practices.
- Providing support for firmwide processes, including time entry reminders and compliance, year-end time entry report and ongoing management of suspense time
- Assisting with general attorney outreach response regarding policies and procedures.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of office experience. Experience in a law firm, corporate or professional environment preferred.
- A minimum of 50 wpm typing.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team and has the ability to collaborate effectively across administrative departments and practice areas in all offices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and service mentality.
- Maturity in handling sensitive information.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess reliability, dependability and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service, both internal and external.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster .
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAWand the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.