The Grant Writer Coordinator is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Grants Office, with the goal of raising $5–10 million per year in grant income. This position will develop a detailed fundraising plan to meet the goal and consult with senior staff to carry out the plan. This position provides outreach and is responsible for the grant acquisition process for the Pastoral Center, parishes and Catholic agencies of the Archdiocese of San Antonio. This position is responsible for grant research and writing, facilitates the submission of grants by external entities, grant reporting, creation of special reports and tracking, and assists with stewardship education and other development efforts as needed.
- Responsible for grant research and writing for the Department of Stewardship and Development.
- Responsible for meeting funding goals.
- Serves as a resource to Archdiocese ministries, Catholic schools and Parish locations to identify priority projects, match those projects with appropriate funders, write the grant applications, and ensure that grant reports are submitted on time.
- Develops and proposes solicitation strategies to promote Archdiocesan fundraising priorities based on research and analysis.
- Provides grant acquisition and stewardship training presentations to archdiocesan entities such as parishes, schools, and Catholic ministries.
- Maintains and organizes agency grant records repository and fundraising resources.
- Maintains grant files and database on various grant applications, contracts, final grant reports and submission status for recordkeeping and reporting purposes.
- Produces and processes letters of endorsement, thank yous and acquires appropriate signatures for all grant documentation for both internal and external entities.
- Assures that grant applications, applying agencies and grant-making foundations meet the criteria of the Archdiocese and are compliant with the Catholic social teaching.
- Establishes and maintains a relationship with foundation and business contacts.
- Coordinates and supports National Second Collections by disseminating national marketing materials to parishes and providing promotion through the agency website. Serves as liaison with National Second Collection contacts.
- Serves as a liaison with Pastors, Finance Councils and Parish Stewardship Committees as requested.
- Supports Mission awareness and education efforts for the Department of Stewardship and Development.
- Adhering to safety training and protocols on a daily basis, and taking precautionary measure to ensure the safety and well-being of self, others.
- Responsible for protecting the confidentiality of any information or material obtained in the service with the organization to include but not limited to client names and information, services rendered to clients, donors names and gifts, internal and external investigations or results of any investigations, and financial information.
- Adherence to the Code of Conduct and the Faith and Moral
- Every employee is required to take a solution-oriented approach in their interactions and undertakings, as well as being a team member that promotes collaboration and commitment to the Mission and Vision of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in grant, business or technical writing.
- Experience with conducting presentations and collaborating with internal and external partners.
License and Credentials
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver license
- Valid vehicle insurance
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience using a donor database, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be available to attend after work events or work occasional weekends;
- Ability to plan, research, and collaborate with internal and external partners;
- Ability to conduct in person and online presentations;
- Experience with computer software and Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Ability to manage multiple and complex projects on tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to plan, meet strict deadlines, organize, multi-task, facilitate and implement events and trainings;
- Must be detail and results oriented, organized, self-motivated, work well independently and on a team;
- Must have good written and verbal skills;
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills;
- High motivation, commitment and positive attitude;
- Exhibit an exceptional command of grammar, spelling, and usage in both English and Spanish;
- Must have good critical thinking and problem solving skills.