Build your resume over the summer in a supportive academic environment
On the London Internship Summer Program, you’ll engage with London as both a professional and a student. You’ll intern three full days per week over the summer, with coursework designed to complement your work experience and to reinforce your professional and academic interests. There are placements available in wide range of industries. This is a unique and affordable study abroad opportunity—if you want to build your resume while earning credit toward your degree, this is a great program option.
- Placement options include: Advertising; arts; business operations; film & television; accounting and entrepreneurship; hospitality; journalism; law; politics (including parliament); marketing; non-governmental organizations; psychology; public relations; and theater. Upon application, you’ll be provided with an Internship Placement Guide which outlines more placement details.
- As part of your Cornerstone Course, Work in Thought and Action, you’ll complete a substantial research paper, which allows you to make connections between academic study and your placement experience. This research paper will help you think about how your experience connects to your career aspirations. (This is a great writing sample for future graduate school and employment applications!)
- If you’re interested in British or international politics and public policy, the Parliamentary Internship may be a good option. As a Parliamentary Intern, you will contribute to the everyday operations of important figures in British politics and develop an insider’s understanding of how the British legislature – the House of Commons and the House of Lords – make policy ideas into law.
- In addition to your placement and the Cornerstone Course, you will enroll in one additional elective.
- Housing is guaranteed
- 5-6 academic credits
- Arcadia sponsored excursions and activities included
- Tuition and fees may apply