Job Title: Account Development Representative (with a likely working title of Outbound Account Development Representative)
Join a team where you can be an integral part of Aptean’s success.
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Role of the Outbound Account Development Representative (ADR) is to generate, qualify, and develop new business opportunities in defined target markets for specific Aptean product lines. This role will primarily use outbound tactics such as cold calling, social media outreach and email sends to generate a pipeline of leads from scratch. The Outbound ADR will take a “campaign approach” to targeting companies to make initial contact and then qualify and secure discovery calls. Ninety percent (90%) of the Outbound ADR’s time will be spent on developing and nurturing their own qualified pipeline to opportunity for the Sales team. Ten percent (10%) of the Outbound ADR’s time will be spent on other activities including departmental activities and very occasional inbound lead follow-up.
We’d like this person to have the following skills/abilities
- Depending on level, requires a 3 -5 years of related experience working with B2B enterprise software solutions (ERP/CRM/SCM marketing or sales experience strongly preferred) with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong understanding of outbound account development principles and execution
- Experience with CRM solution, preferably Salesforce
- Outbound lead generation/business development experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with sales tools including SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, Vidyard, etc.
- Self-motivated, high energy, dynamic inside sales and online presence
- Competitive personality with a track record of over-achieving
- Strong phone presence and ability to make dozens of calls per day
- Prior experience or ability to develop deep understanding of one or more target industries in product line target market
- Willing to cold call – hungry for results
- Excellent written and verbal communication/sales skills – must be confident in communicating on behalf of Aptean with executives and other leadership roles
- Attention to detail – values process and data integrity
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Creative and strong business acumen – must be able to communicate intelligently with senior contacts about their pain points and how Aptean’s solutions can address them
In this role, you would:
- Outbound prospecting and cold calling, including strategic company/vertical targeting and personalized campaigns.
- E-mail, direct mail and outbound campaign generation and execution.
- Pipeline nurturing to generate opportunities over time.
- Qualify leads in or out of target market and into the appropriate point in sales cycle.
- Pipeline management and reporting.
- Development and maintenance of prospect database.
- Deep account/contact profiling.
- Assist at trade shows and events as required.
- Produce weekly lead generation reports using Excel / CRM.
- Ability to speak knowledgably to senior management and articulate a clear benefit case.