Recent college graduates and graduating college seniors are strongly encouraged to apply! This is a great opportunity to jump-start your career with plenty of opportunities for growth.**
Apogee Insurance Group is a Berkshire Hathaway specialty broker focused on Professional (E&O), Management (D&O, EPL, Crime, and Fiduciary), Cyber, and Pollution Liability. Our product expertise, service, and focus on independent retail agents set us apart from other wholesalers. We are licensed in all 50 states and provide both admitted and excess & surplus terms from over 60 insurance companies. With offices located in Philadelphia, Chicago, Mission Viejo, and Austin; our team members believe in face-to-face relationships to assist our customers with the best experience in placing Professional and Management Liability.
The Account Manager role is fundamental in Apogee’s production of business. The Account Manager will provide a unique experience in interacting with our customers and the handling of their submissions. This role also includes the challenge of building relationships with our many Markets, customers, and communicating with our Sales Team members to give our customers the perfect Apogee experience. This position will include the opportunity for professional development, insurance education, networking, and introduction to a variety of different career paths for future advancement.
- Receive applications for insurance from independent agent customers
- Responsible for reviewing and qualifying the risks and exposures specific to management liability and professional liability.
- Act as a liaison between the company underwriters and the independent agent customers to negotiate favorable insurance proposals
- Responsible for studying various insurance proposals to determine viability for selling to independent agency customer.
- Responsible for discussing the features and benefits of each proposal with customers and ultimately asks for the sale.
- Responsible for building policy comparisons and other selling techniques to sell against competing proposals.
Customer Focus & Responsibility:
- Responsible for building and maintaining constructive business relationships with independent agent customers over the phone. Travel is very minimal.
- Responsible for managing/growing a book of business, but does not have individual ownership of the business as Apogee owns all business written.
- Responsible for learning and understanding company underwriters’ appetites for risk and exposure.
- Responsible for servicing policies and issuing endorsements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently & in teams
- Motivated, results-driven sales personality
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in customer service, communication, sales, or marketing is preferred
- Prior insurance product knowledge and insurance education – a plus!
- Competitive base salary and benefits package with quarterly and end of year bonuses based on production.
- Receive compensation for training and continuing education while you learn the business
- High-energy and performance-driven work culture, while embracing a flexible life balance
- Frequent customer interaction and networking opportunities, including carrier and customer outings, insurance industry events, etc.
- Free lunch provided daily
- Full gym on site
- Company phone & Surface laptop provided
- Corporate Amex and Corporate Enterprise account
- Dinner and Hotel paid for while traveling overnight
Pay: $50,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year (entry-level starting salary)
About Apogee Insurance Group
Apogee Insurance Group, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is a specialty lines, professional and management liability broker. Our product expertise and dedication provide significant value for independent agent and broker customers. We are licensed in all 50 states and have access to over 60 insurance companies utilizing admitted and non-admitted products. There is virtually no professional liability risk that we cannot place.