Positions Available Throughout the Greater Philadelphia Area
Recent college graduates and graduating college seniors are strongly encouraged to apply! This is a great opportunity to jump-start your career with plenty of opportunities for growth.
Entry-level to intermediate sales position (salary commensurate with experience). Focused on generating submissions from independent retail insurance agencies (warm leads) and potential buyers within a defined territory.
Primary responsibilities include: (1) drive new business submission opportunities through outbound phone calls, video meetings, and in-person meetings to retail insurance agencies, (2) prospecting new customer potential, (3) following up on leads generated through electronic, internet, and social media outlets, (4) assisting account managers in the selling of quotes, and (5) maintaining and updating customer contact information and data.
Drive New Business Submissions:
- Utilize sales skills to demonstrate the features and benefits of Apogee products and services
- Build and maintain relationships with Apogee’s current customer base
- Have a minimum of 30 outbound customer conversations daily (phone calls to begin, moving to in-person visits as permitted)
- Convert internet leads to formal submissions
- Follow up on lost opportunities from prior years
Prospecting – Establish New Relationships:
- Perform internet research to gather information on potential new customers
- Prospect retail agencies through systematic and persistent sales calls to initiate contact and uncover opportunities for new business
- Revisit prospects that have contacted us in the past where a relationship doesn’t currently exist
Assisting with the Sales, Marketing, and Administration Team as Needed:
- Maintain and distribute incoming internet leads from centralized email box
- Uphold customer service promises
- Become educated on professional and management products and service offering through trainings, seminars, and independent study
- Assist account managers with converting quotes to binders.
- Complete various projects and support to assist in creating results
- Excellent verbal skills
- Energetic, goal-oriented, methodical, accountable, and has a positive attitude
- Multi-tasking, team player with time management and organizational skills
- Experience in sales, communication, or marketing is preferred
- Prior insurance product knowledge and insurance education is a plus, but not necessary.
- Competitive base salary and full benefits package
- Quarterly and end of year bonuses based on production
- Receive compensation for training and continuing education while you learn the business
- High-energy and performance-driven work culture, while embracing a flexible life balance
- Frequent customer interaction and networking opportunities, including carrier and customer outings, insurance industry events, etc.
- Free lunch provided daily
- Company phone & Surface laptop provided
- Corporate Amex and Corporate Enterprise account
- Dinner and Hotel paid for while traveling overnight