Who we are
Anthos Capital (“Anthos”) is an investment partner to exceptional entrepreneurs building leading growth-stage companies. We invest in and help support disruptive companies that positively impact their markets and communities, while generating strong shareholder returns. Anthos was founded in 2007, manages assets totaling more than $4 billion, and is headquartered in Los Angeles with locations in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, and Charlotte.
Motivated, collaborative people are the foundation of Anthos. Therefore, the Talent Operations Associate plays a critical role; they are tasked with helping to source, identify, and retain Anthos’ own and portfolio talent.
Whom we’re seeking
The Talent Operations Associate will be representing Anthos in recruiting new talent and collaborating with our portfolio company leaders on hiring. They’ll also be responsible for administering baseline HR systems and processes, such as payroll, benefits, performance reviews, onboarding/offboarding, and the like. Therefore, the ideal candidate is hyper-organized, has a keen eye for detail, is a master multi-tasker, and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills. Just as important are grit, conscientiousness, ‘lock-box’ confidentiality, and tremendous work ethic. This is not a traditional HR role; rather, we are seeking a strong problem-solver who seeks to serve the people of Anthos and who can evolve and grow with the company.
What you’ll be doing
Build out Anthos’ university recruiting program
- Build on top of Anthos’ current summer intern recruiting efforts (which yielded ~20 interns this past summer from diverse backgrounds and schools). Apply a more proactive approach to targeting the highest potential students, including passive and diverse candidates.
- Plan and oversee the delivery of a high-quality summer internship program that includes social and professional experiences for the interns, and enables Anthos to hire the strongest talent as full-time Analysts.
- Collaborate with managers on the 2-year Analyst program, ensuring timely skill development and growth. Oversee the annual review and selection process.
Systematize and run new hire onboarding (and related, offboarding)
- Implement a workflow tool to ensure new hire onboarding is seamless, automated, and offers a welcoming experience that gets new hires up-and-running quickly.
- Coordinate across IT, Admin, the manager, etc., to ensure everyone does their part on time and at a high level of quality.
- Standardize Anthos’ off-boarding process, including documenting exit interview feedback, etc.
Continuously improve and coordinate hiring for Anthos
- Develop relationships with a roster of the most relevant and useful recruiters for investment and operational talent, and deploy them when required.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to craft detailed job descriptions, and translate these into interview rubrics and panels.
- Run a standardized, tight interview process (with the assistance of Anthos’ ATS), collect feedback and guide the hiring manager to the best answer for Anthos.
Collaborate across Exec Talent and portfolio company leaders on hiring
- Work with the VP of Exec Talent to coordinate interviews for portfolio leaders and prospective hires. Make sure to get prompt feedback from interviewers, document these, and arrange decision meetings for the portfolio company.
- As time allows, assist the Exec Talent leader on sourcing prospective candidates for operator roles, Board seats, etc.
Handle regular HR processes and systems
- In close collaboration with the Head of People, administer regular HR processes such as payroll (through Anthos’ PEO), benefits selection and open enrollment, annual performance reviews, and compliance-related requirements.
- Build on and improve on existing systems and processes.
Proactively identify and execute on new opportunities to make Anthos an amazing place to work
- If you are able to master all of the above, you’ll be given additional responsibilities that will expand your skillset and range of knowledge. This is why our top criteria for this role is a Strong and Agile Problem-Solver, which is far more important than prior HR experience.
What you bring to Anthos
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with a strong GPA.
- 4+ years of work experience, ideally from a management consulting or investment banking firm with a robust and established University Recruiting program. It’ll be important that you know what ‘excellence’ looks like in this area.
- Strong track record of experience managing complex projects across different stakeholders and over a multi-month timeline.
- Ownership with a capital ‘O’. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and desire to get things done at a high level of quality. Views project challenges as their own, not someone else’s problem. Does things without being asked, because you simply care and take pride in your work.
- Organized with keen attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and always remembering to follow-up. Reminds others, as well.
- Strong, compelling verbal and written communications that balance professionalism with the right tone and are appropriately tailored to the audience. Not afraid to speak up in the face of authority.
- Resourcefulness, scrappiness, and the ability to handle immense ambiguity and responsibility.
- Business acumen and the ability to quickly connect the dots on what is best for Anthos..
- Huge plus if you are comfortable living in Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets – understanding of advanced formulas (like SUMPRODUCT, VLOOKUP, CONCATENATE, etc.), planning events and work, etc.