Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters! ACSD promotes an educational environment that is racially, ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse to broaden students’ academic experience and to enrich our District. We are focused on creating and supporting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion within the organizational culture and in our community.
Ames Middle School is seeking an Associate Principal for Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment for the 2021-22 school year.
The mission of the Ames Community School District is to ensure that all learners develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and personal esteem necessary to grow in and shape a changing society.
Under the direction of the Principal and the Executive Director of Secondary Education, the Associate Principal for Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment assists the Principal in leading the instructional program and ensuring its alignment with regulations for curriculum design and assessment; provides and promotes a rigorous and engaging curriculum and instructional delivery for the success of all students.
- Leads the implementation of the ACSD curriculum, ensuring fidelity of pacing and reinforcement of higher-order reasoning, critical thinking, and creative expression for all learners.
- Ensures the effectiveness of the 6th-8th grade instructional program in all content areas, including a viable and sustained process for curriculum implementation, assessment, and instructional delivery.
- Provides leadership and oversight for programs serving special populations of students including Special Education and 504 plans.
- Develops and implements a sustained Professional Learning series that is differentiated to address the specific strengths and needs of assigned staff.
- Facilitates staff collection, analysis, and interpretation of student achievement data, including benchmark assessments, related diagnostic and formative assessment data, and summative performance assessment data.
- Leads the training and implementation of Professional Learning Communities resulting in an organizational culture that regularly collects and analyzes data and subsequent planning to enhance student achievement.
- Reinforces the vision, mission, and priorities of the building.
- Assists in the planning, development, and evaluation of instructional programs.
- Assumes responsibility for specific areas of administration and management assigned by the principal; uses administrative and management practices which promote efficient and effective operation of the school.
- Participates in a variety of student activities; collaborates with special services personnel; assists in the maintenance of standards concerning students’ discipline, health, safety, and general welfare.
- Counsels teachers on instructional, professional or administrative matters.
- Monitors and addresses student attendance and discipline.
- Supervises students before and after school and during lunch periods.
- Supervises student activities, including academics, athletics, and fine arts.
- Evaluates staff in accordance with district policies and procedures.
- Establishes a critically conscious staff with a focus on equitable access and outcomes.
- Creates a sense of belonging and welcoming environment for all students, families, and staff.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the school.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership.
- Experience in Curriculum and Instruction preferred.
- Valid Iowa Department of Education license required.
- Ability to pass a background check required.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- Administrative and teaching experience related to working in socio-economically and culturally diverse school settings.
- Knowledge and ability to address cultural diversity and associated issues related to student performance and instructional methodology.
- Demonstrated expertise in evidence-based curriculum design, assessment, and instructional practices.
- Documented experience in leading secondary educational program development and implementation, including professional development in evidence-based best practices for diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, administrators, families, and community members.
Closing: June 23rd at 11:30PM
Candidates, please follow the link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/amesk12/OnlineApp/JobPostings/View.asp?AppliTrackJobId=590
All employees of the Ames Community School District must pass a background check. ACSD is an E-Verify employer.
To learn more about the Ames Community School District, visit our websites:
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Kristin Johnson, Human Resources Director, email@example.com, District Offices, 2005 24th St. Ames, IA 50010, (515) 268-6610.