- Calls clients to conduct follow-up interview regarding their disaster caused needs and enter data into Client Assistance System (CAS 2.0) while complying with Direct Client Assistance guidelines.
- Refer clients to other community resources based on needs.
- Attend team meetings.
- Maintain active participation throughout the duration of the internship.
- Must be crossed trained as a disaster action team member in order to assist with onsite casework.
- Works with superivsor to establish a set schedule for hours during the internship period. Office business hours are Monday-Friday 8:30a-4:30p.
- Two semester commitment preferred. Occasional weekend/evening participation, as identified by supervisor.
- Currently enrolled college student. Majors that are encouraged but not required are Social Work and Public Health
- English as primary language. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook preferred.
- Training is provided and required for this position. Interns must be willing to engage in training activities throughout entire internship.