The Housing Center at the American Enterprise Institute (www.aei.org/housing/) conducts cutting-edge research and publishes an unprecedented set of risk metrics to improve the operation of housing markets, mortgage lending practices, and housing policy. We are seeking a research analyst to work directly with the center’s senior adviser and director of research on the full range of the center’s initiatives.
Final title and salary are commensurate with experience. Please outline in your cover letter which title you feel your qualifications most accurately represent.
As a research analyst, the primary responsibilities include:
- Analyzing data using statistical software
- Cleaning, recoding, imputing, and weighting data
- Draft policy papers and create presentations with charts and graphs
- Conducting analysis to create new housing market indicators and other insights
- Participating in the Center’s longer-term research projects
- Assembling and validating new data sets
The ideal research analyst will possess:
- Knowledge of Stata (essential)
- Knowledge of SAS, R, Python, ArcGIS, or Tableau (desirable)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment (essential)
- Strong quantitative, communication, and organization skills (essential)
Desired level of experience: M.A. in economics, finance, real estate, or data science; or B.A with at least 2 years prior professional experience in the field.
Founded in 1938, AEI is a community of scholars dedicated to promoting public policy that increases individual opportunity and strengthens free enterprise. Qualified applicants should submit an online application to http://www.aei.org/jobs, complete with cover letter, resume, and a writing sample on a topic related to the position.