Are you a proactive and creative professional excited by the thought of contributing to a superior employee experience while promoting top-notch public policy ideas? Join the American Enterprise Institute’s Human Resources team!
As our Human Resources Assistant, you will focus extensively on supporting the HR program while building business and HR skills to work independently and advance professionally within the HR field. You will collaborate extensively with professionals in public policy research, communications, outreach, and core business operations to deliver seamless hire to retire services.
This is a great opportunity for you if you are motivated by delivering detailed, high-quality results and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will join a team that focuses on all areas of the employee experience – from recruiting to development and performance management, onboarding, offboarding, benefits, and culture.
- Assist with the administration of broad human resource programs including but not limited to: compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recruiting; recognition, and culture; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Work collaboratively with recruiters on the HR team by following the marketing campaign for each recruitment, coordinating and scheduling interviews, and building and maintaining relationships with candidates to provide a superior recruiting experience.
- Scout and recruit talent for AEI by facilitating relationships with student groups, students, professors, schools and alumni.
- Launch and monitor onboarding and offboarding activities ensuring completion of tasks and organization of information. Track and monitor related employee record compliance including completion of tax forms, I-9 verifications, reference checks, and establishing or closing employee files.
- Proactively update and maintain employee and candidate information in electronic HR systems including iCIMS, ADP, and Salesforce.
- Contribute to planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, wellness events, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, summer picnic, and retirement celebrations
- Prepare reports for internal or external distribution including compliance reporting, candidate experience reports, employee reports, metric reporting, and salary surveys.
- Customer-centric mindset and disposition
- Strong technology skills and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (experience with iCIMS, ADP, and/or Salesforce a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public policy or related discipline
- Up to 2 years of business or human resources experience
- Demonstrated interest in public policy and the mission of AEI
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, academic transcript(s), and writing sample with their online application at www.aei.org/jobs.