Under general supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Clinic Aide III-Billing Specialist will serve as a direct link between Allen County Public Health and medical insurance plans and interacts directly with providers, insurance plan representatives, and patients. Ensures billing is performed in compliance with applicable program standards, state laws and rules, and Board of Health adopted policies and regulations.
Sample Job Responsibilities:
· Prepares, reviews, corrects and processes patient claim information through billing system ensuring billing is done in a complete, accurate, and timely manner in order to obtain reimbursement from various insurance carriers and government programs
· Follows up on pending claims with insurance companies and resolves claim denials in order to ensure timely payment
· Receives payments and/or reviews electronic payments, reconciles with Explanation of Benefits and posts as appropriate to ensure accountability of funds received
· Coordinates the submission of appropriate credentialing and health insurance plan applications in order to maintain provider status with identified companies and agencies
· Provides staff coverage for clinic intake staff as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of medical billing experience required
- Certification in medical billing preferred
- Must be able to maintain electronic databases and save, retrieve and manipulate documents in a variety of formats
- Valid Ohio drivers license with an acceptable driving record and adequate auto insurance
· Occasional overtime, night or weekend hours may be required
· Travel within and outside the district sometimes required
BENEFITS: Health insurance, paid holidays, vacation in the first year, public retirement system
Applicants interested in the position may submit a cover letter and resume to: Human Resources, Allen County Public Health, PO Box 1503, Lima, OH 45802 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is July 8 2021 or until the position is filled. Allen County Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.