Alight Campus – Client Specialist
Health and Wealth Solutions
Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years of industry experience. Be Real with Alight and help us re-imagine how people and organizations thrive.
As a Client Specialist, a typical day can include the following:
Alight Client Specialists will work with other colleagues on their respective client teams to ensure that projects for those clients are executed from beginning to end. They will apply expertise to drive better outcomes and satisfaction for our clients and their employees. Specific areas that Alight Client Specialists will be responsible for include ongoing operational tasks, analysis and development of our proprietary system, health and retirement plan rule definition, and project management. Alight Client Specialists will build a strong foundation for their career by performing duties in these four areas. They will engage with clients, other internal team members, and external vendors to execute on activities serving our clients and their employees and building a strong line of sight to the end user experience.
Alight Client Specialists will excel in the role if they have strong analytical and problem solving skills, are clear communicators, and have a self-starter mentality. Attention to detail and a continuous improvement mindset are required to help solve our clients complex business needs and streamline our delivery.
Core Responsibility Areas
- Collaborates with the client to resolve requests they may have related to a project or an escalated employee issue
- Resolves cases and/or systematic edits for our clients’ employees
- Works daily with other Alight Colleagues, third-party providers, and client contacts to ensure seamless process delivery for our clients’ employees
- Manages own work and communicates status to team
- Understand how to utilize the data on our proprietary system to perform root cause analysis and trending for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop reports utilizing various data extraction tools to meet client plan rules and/or resolve issues.
- Develops Alight’s proprietary system for new client project requests based upon complete plan rules
- Problem solves systematic issues by analyzing Alight’s proprietary system to determine gaps in functionality as compared to client plan rules to arrive at the true root cause of an issue.
- Demonstrates quality assurance fundamentals by executing test plans to ensure client plan rules meet systematic specifications
- Define plan rules for new client facing project work
- Provides creative solutions to continuously improve and optimize client delivery
- Opportunity to oversee and coach others with regards to a specific project and/or process
- Lead projects utilizing standard project management disciplines
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to learn and apply new skills
- Strong attention to detail and execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks
- MS Office-working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to navigate and learn tools within Alight’s proprietary system
- Ability to problem solve and drive to root cause
- Responds willingly, promptly, and effectively to changing work environments, changing priorities, and new situations
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and balance multiple demands effectively
- Builds capability to contribute by taking responsibility for own development, tapping multiple sources of learning to deepen own knowledge, seeking out new experiences, and applying learning appropriately
- Demonstrates applied learning by continuously improving own contribution
- Ability to quickly identify problems, opportunities, and alternative courses of action
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation with a focus on improving the employee experience
- Works with and without supervision and has the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Maintains confidentiality
- Teamwork mindset
- Bachelor’s degree
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Alight’s Early Career Development Program – Ignite.
Alight’s Early Career Development Program
Alight’s Early Career Development Program – Ignite, is committed to building a diverse group of future leaders within our organization. We’re focused on creating a great place for new college graduates to thrive and offer an accelerated training program designed to build both leadership and technical skills.
Our program offers an opportunity to leverage the power of your degree into real career momentum. We offer instructor-led, web-based, on-the-job training, mentor support and extensive networking with our development platform to help you achieve success.
- Build business networks and partnerships, globally
- Develop overall business concepts and acumen, to drive client engagement and business outcomes
- Grow core impact skills and competences, to enhance your career growth