REMOTE POSITION ONLY
Who We Are:
We are an educational startup focused on social innovation, determined to provide immigrants with the information and tools they need to become United States citizens. It is our mission to make a difference in the lives of millions of immigrants by providing an affordable and accessible path to citizenship.
As a Software Developer, you will:
- Learn what it is like to start new organizations and make projects happen
- What it means to be an entrepreneur and how to be agile in the pursuit of a goal
- Receive a letter of recommendation upon completion of the program
- Improve your software development skills
- Learn how to turn organizational objectives into tangible reality that impacts people
- Work to bring into the world a new social impact non-profit
Qualifications + How To Apply:
- Must be in the first, second, or third year at an accredited school.
- Must commit to at least 3 months in the internship program.
- Prior software development experience necessary (web dev a plus)
- Please attach a copy of your resume or portfolio with projects you have been a part of, github and anything else you think would be relevant to the hiring committee.
Students accepted into the internship program participate in remote targeted training and experiences and have the opportunity to take advantage of learning and development programs and systems that our company offers. This includes 1:1 entrepreneurship mentorship, custom learning and development sessions, and other programs focusing on startup and social good innovation. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are critical components of what we as Aliens do so we ensure these topics are integrated throughout the program.
If accepted, internship participants are given a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to provide a meaningful contribution to their teams. Responsibilities are assigned to interns at the start of the program and continuously throughout their engagement.
This position complies with the Fair Labor Standard Act. We accept CPT/OPT applicants.