Akron Zoological Park
Guest Experiences Manager
The Akron Zoo is looking for a Guest Experiences Manager. Reporting to the Director of Guest Services, this position is responsible for oversight and direct management of the zoo’s Guest Experiences department. The Guest Experiences Manager has direct management of all admissions, on-grounds experiences (rides) operations and staff. These duties include, but are not limited to, staff and budget management, vendor relationships, attendance and revenue reporting, and creating a positive, guest-centered culture within the department. The Manager must work a flexible schedule that often includes evenings, weekends, and/or holiday shifts.
· Oversight of all Guest Experiences functions including daily operations of admissions and on grounds experiences.
· Ensure day-to-day operations are within budgeted guidelines and operating to the highest standards.
· Exemplify and maintain the zoo’s high customer service standards by meeting guest needs and responding to concerns.
· Forecast, plan, and manage revenue and cost projections to ensure department is supporting the zoo’s long-term financial health.
· Fulfill operational duties, as the demands of the business require.
· Serve as a member of the zoo’s Incident Command Team (ICT) in the capacity of Guest Chief.
· Daily work schedule will be Tuesday – Saturday (weekend days are Sunday and Monday).
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, hospitality or related field.
2. Three to five years of experience working in the hospitality industry, preferably at an attraction or zoological park.
3. Two to three years of management experience.
4. Experience in successful revenue generation and achievement of revenue goals is highly desirable.
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor. The Akron Zoo reserves the right to revise and change job duties as business requirements dictate.
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position with benefits. Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume via email, mail, or fax to Human Resources, Akron Zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave., Akron, Ohio 44307; Fax: (330) 374-8939; Email: HR@akronzoo.org. Position open until filled. Akron Zoo is an EOE and Drug Free Workplace.