Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek, so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Our key markets include: Pharmaceutical, where our solutions play a critical role in disease research and drug discovery; Food, where we help ensure that our global food supply is free of contaminants: and Forensics, where we provide robust tools and instruments to analyze and verify evidence at trial and keep the world’s top-performing athletes honest. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Want to put the theory into practice? This is your opportunity to join the team that delivers remote diagnostic support, technology support, and technical services to our domestic and international customers. In this team, you will learn how to provide assistance for basic technical problems, clarifying and analyzing them to deliver standard technical solutions.
As an Analytical Instruments Technical Support person, you will sit at our Agilent site in Wilmington, DE and join Agilent Technologies CrossLab Group’s Online Technical Support Team. We support U.S. or Canadian external customers in English and preferably also French language. As an active team member, you will support customers requesting hardware, software and applications assistance with Analytical Products and Solutions and route those customers whom you can’t help to the appropriate groups. Our group’s organizational goal is that as part of a world-class technical support group, we provide insights to customers at their very first contact. In order to be successful, our response needs to be quick and well-informed.
The support responsibility includes a wide range of product-families like vector network analyzers, signal analyzers, signal sources, and other high-end technology products and software. Typical examples for remote services are start-up assistance, programming assistance, solving PC connectivity problems or conducting an e-Learning class.
This entry level position requires no formal work experience. Successful candidates will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology or equivalent discipline. You should be eager to build on your technical support ability, telephone skills, and basic industry knowledge. While some experience in customer service, help desk support, chromatography, or analytical chemistry would be advantageous, a positive, solutions-oriented approach and customer focus are what will really drive your success.
- Direct customer contact through phone/email channels; Service Request logging in the Agilent SAP Service CRM system and request routing to the appropriate technical team for handling.
- Providing basic phone support in problem solving and technical support for our customers.
- Assisting in providing sales support for Agilent products and Solutions through partnerships with field service, contract sales, and division personnel.
Key qualifications include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, English language required and French language desired.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Logical troubleshooting skills.
- Must be willing to work any of the four US time zone shifts based on business need. Latest shift: 11am to 8pm Eastern (5% Shift Differential available)
- Using your knowledge/expertise to deliver quality and timely responses to our customer requests for technical assistance with GC or LC Products and Solutions, upon completion of technical training.
- May include 5-10% travel at times to attend internal Agilent training classes, customer service call shadowing; may include international travel for training.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Windows Products and TCP/IP networking concepts is desired.
- Relevant analytical instrumentation experience in the laboratory with any of Agilent’s Gas Chromatography, Liquid Chromatography, or Spectroscopy product lines is desired.
- GEO Location: Wilmington DE
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.