MLive is looking for a dynamic sales leader. The Sales Director will manage day-to-day sales activities of a team of Account Executives deployed at MLive Media Group in Ann Arbor or Flint. This individual will ensure execution of MLive Media Group’s value-based selling approach across digital and print product lines to drive revenue growth and advertiser satisfaction. The digital suite of products includes graphical display ads on MLive Websites and ad networks, mobile, video, text, apps, digital directories, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, social media optimization and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of experience with three years of relevant management experience building successful sales teams
- CRM sales management software experience with a leading platform, SalesForce preferable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills — written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Responsible for staff development to ensure efficient operations, excellent customer service and effective sales and marketing of company products.
- Handle employee performance and discipline issues in a prompt and professional manner while concentrating on staff development, including conducting annual performance reviews.
- Train and coach the team on value-based selling
- Serve as a marketing consultant by providing industry insights through up-to-date knowledge of industry trends
- Proactively identify opportunities not uncovered by sales team
- Open doors with marketing executives and advertising agencies
- Set Account Executives and Senior Sales Consultants benchmarks and sales goals and measure performance on a weekly and monthly basis
- Provide weekly feedback to staff on their-and their team’s-performance
- Analyze and accurately forecast annual revenue for current-year as well as annual budgeting
- Build relationships/partnerships through networking
- Work in collaboration with sales management at the hubs to ensure overall digital sales goals are achieved
- Other duties as assigned.
MLive Media Group is an audience-first, digitally focused media company encompassing all content, sales and marketing operations for: MLive.com, The Grand Rapids Press, The Muskegon Chronicle, Kalamazoo Gazette, The Jackson Citizen Patriot, The Ann Arbor News, The Flint Journal, The Saginaw News, The Bay City Times and the Advance Weeklies in Grand Rapids, as well as several related entities. In addition to being Michigan’s #1 news and information provider, MLive Media Group is Michigan’s largest local media advertising network, allowing advertisers to reach local audiences in communities across the state.
MLive Media Group is a part of Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 24 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.