ACCEL Schools is seeking dynamic and caring Intervention Specialists (Mild/Mod) in Ohio.
Through the application of research-based practices, our staff of passionate educators work tirelessly to raise student achievement, regardless of historical barriers, while committed to participating in ongoing professional development, job embedded instructional coaching, and embracing a growth mindset.
Candidates should be experienced and skilled in:
- Facilitating Individualized Education Program (IEP) Meetings and writing (IEP) goals and objectives
- Conducting diagnostic assessments for driving instruction
- Experience required working in a Resource Room model or Co-Teaching in a full room inclusion type model
- Conducting a functional behavior assessment and writing/implementing a behavior improvement plan
- Working as a team with special education staff and general education staff.
- Experience working in an urban setting
- At least 1 year of experience
To provide students with a first class learning experience that maximizes their intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development, including the development of their ability to apply their intellect to solving problems and contribute to their communities as enlightened and responsible citizens.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Special Education (Mild/Mod) required; Master’s degree a plus
- Current State certification/licensure in appropriate teaching area
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of State Standards and Common Core Standards
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Successful completion of federal and state criminal background checks
- Ability to work well under pressure, and effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to use discretion in managing confidential information
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an urban and/or school turnaround setting is a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.