Is Graduate or Professional School in Your Future?
Not all Wooster students jump right into the working world upon graduation. Every year approximately 27% of the graduating seniors enter a graduate program. However, within five years of graduation, over 50% of Wooster grads go on to pursue more education. Of those attending graduate school in the last three years, 94% were accepted into one of their top-choice schools.
Here are some questions to ask yourself as you consider graduate/professional school:
- What are my short-range and long-range career goals?
- How might graduate school affect my career or professional plans?
- Do I have the interest and abilities to be successful in a graduate program?
- Would I benefit more by gaining some practical experiences before pursuing graduate studies?
- Can I realistically invest the time and money required to pursue another academic degree?
Selecting a graduate or professional schoolDo your homework. Talk with the faculty in your discipline about potential programs. Prioritize your reasons for going and research programs that fit your goals. Some of the factors to consider are your personal/professional goals and interests, reputation of the program, faculty expertise and research, location, size, and facilities.
Professional Programs: Health, Law, Engineering, & Architecture
Wooster’s pre-professional programs and services will help you prepare for the transition from undergraduate study to professional education in health, law, engineering, and architecture.
Check out our pre-professional programs below.